Frequently Asked Questions
- A university degree equivalent to a Master’s degree in Social, Economic or Political Sciences, Business, Law and/or Contemporary History consisting of a programme of at least 240 ECTS. If your degree is not within these disciplines, relevant work experience in these or related fields may qualify.
- Excellent academic results for both prior degrees of 70% (2nd class honours upper division, Belgian equivalent; upper 2:1 UK equivalent, 2.8/4 GPA).
The Programme’s language of instruction is English. Non-native English speakers need to provide proof that their knowledge of English meets one of the following four requirements:
- TOEFL-test [min. score 233 (computer-based) min. score 90 (internet-based) min.score 577 (paper-based)]
- Academic IELTS: 7.0
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English – CPE
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English – CAE (grade B)
- ITACE (at the VUB) – C1
If candidates have their prior Masters degree from an English language University in English, they may be exempt from the English test. In this case, we require proof from the university that the courses were taught in English. We also reserve the right to assess the level of language skills separately in unclear cases.